Quality Care for Farm Animals
As a farmer or producer, you need to ensure your farm animals and livestock are healthy — and that profits remain stable.
Our experienced vets at Van Roekel & Associates are here to help by providing the preventive ambulatory and in-house services you need for your animals need including routine vaccinations and health certificate examinations for cattle, goats and pigs.
We also offer a diverse selection of in-house services to help keep farm animals from North Fort Myers and surrounding areas healthy. Please contact us with any questions about your specific circumstances or to book an appointment.
Farm Animal Care in North Fort Myers
Our large animal vets provide experienced, compassionate care, with an eye on health and safety for both animals and their caretakers.
Our large animal veterinary services include:
- Routine exams
- Routine vaccines to vaccinate herds against disease (W Nile EWT + Flu/Rhino, Strangles, & Rabies)
- Treatment for injuries
- Pregnancy checks
- Health certificates
Whether you are able to bring your animal to our facility or require ambulatory veterinary services, our vets at Van Roekel & Associates are here to provide guidance, advice and effective diagnostics and treatment.
FAQs about Large Animal Services
If your farm animals have never been seen by our vets before you are bound to have questions. Please read through the answers to our most frequently asked questions to learn more.
- Which farm animals do you specialize in treating?
Our vets are skilled in the treatment of cattle, pigs, goats and sheep.
- What can I expect at an appointment for my farm animal?
When we examine your farm animal during a routine exam, we will check your animal's overall health. A full physical examination will be performed and appropriate preventive care recommended. We'll answer any questions you may have regarding your animal to help ensure their health and longevity.
- Do you make farm calls?
Yes. We make farm calls for routine healthcare, health certificate examinations and consultations during our regular business hours. Contact us to arrange a time for one of our vets to visit your location.
- Can you assist with reproductive health needs?
Yes. Our vets are trained in identifying, managing and monitoring reproductive health in your large animals, including:
- Obstetrics procedures
- Herd reproduction evaluations and management consultations
- Palpations or ultrasonography to determine pregnancy and reproductive status
- Breeding soundness exams
- Can you provide health certificates?
When moving animals across state lines, or internationally, a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) is required. Our vets are certified to provide health certificates for farm animals.
- All animal(s) must be inspected by a veterinarian within the last 10 days to issue CVI.
- CVI is valid for 30 days from the date of animal inspection.
- Additional testing or criteria may be required by individual states or events. It is important that you verify this prior to scheduling your veterinary visit.
- We require a minimum of two days notice prior to issuing a CVI.
- Are you able to perform surgery?
Our veterinarians offer limited surgical services to for large animals. Please contact us to learn more.